Our core aim is to promote, strengthen and protect the role of the Tyne Valley Railway Line for residents, tourists, employees, and service providers.
The Partnership Board and Steering group consists of representatives of local stakeholders including:
.......and others with an interest in promoting and protecting the railway as a sustainable means of transport.
We also benefit from a grant from the Northumberland National Park’s Sustainable Development Fund:
The Partnership is part of a network of sustainable development activities throughout the area that are benefiting the Park.
Sustainable development in and around Northumberland National Park is about promoting ways of living and working that allows people to enjoy life, businesses to prosper and communities to thrive. At the same time, it is about enhancing the natural beauty, wildlife and cultural heritage of the National Park and affording opportunities for understanding and enjoyment of its special qualities by the public. The Tyne Valley Community Rail Partnership is supported by the Sustainable Development Fund. If you would like to know more about Northumberland National Park, please click here.
- Increase public awareness of existing rail products;
- Help promote existing rail travel opportunities;
- Help increase customer certainty;
- Increase awareness of rail / bus / bike / pedestrian / car interchange opportunities;
- Assess and record existing public perception of the rail line and knowledge of rail products;
- Improve information provision at stations;
- Help identify and target new markets for rail travel and develop products to suit;
- Increase local community involvement in the rail line by building on the existing Station Adopter scheme;
- Strengthen links between the train operating company and the local communities and businesses it serves.